Resetting the Table: a Symposium on Feminist Art and Herstory focuses on the role of female artists in society and the ground-breaking work of the Elizabeth A. Sackler Center for Feminist Art. The symposium will also highlight the presence of women in art and art criticism in the city of Florence.
October 9th, 2017, 10AM-6PM
SACI’s Clayton Hubbs Lecture Hall (Palazzo dei Cartelloni)
- 10:00 am ~ Introduction by Dr. Mary Beckinsale, art historian and SACI President Emeritus.
- 10:15 am ~ Presentation by Dr. Elizabeth A. Sackler, public historian and arts activist, President of the Arthur M. Sackler Foundation and the Elizabeth A. Sackler Foundation: Feminist Art and Social Action.
- 11:30 am ~ Presentation by Dr. Maria Antonia Rinaldi, Director of SACI’s MA in Art History program: Comments on Italian Female Art History Critics.
- 12:15 pm ~ Presentation by Dr. Helen Watterson, art historian and professor of Renaissance Art History at SACI: Judith and Female Artistic Identity in the Late Renaissance and Baroque Period.
- 2:30 pm ~ Presentation by Catherine Morris, Sackler Family Senior Curator for the Elizabeth A. Sackler Center for Feminist Art at the Brooklyn Museum: Curating a Feminist Art Center.
- 3:45 pm ~ Presentation by Dr. Mary Beckinsale, art historian and SACI President Emeritus: Feminist Reflections on Interpretations of Certain Renaissance Paintings.
- 4:30 pm ~ Presentation by Molly Di Grazia, artist and SACI alumna (MFA, 2015) whose one-person exhibition, Pharmakon, is featured in the SACI Palazzo dei Cartelloni Gallery: Contemporary Practice through a Personal Lens.
- 5:15 pm ~ Closing Remarks followed by Reception in the SACI Gallery.