Federal Aid



SACI directly administers financial aid for students in the Post Baccalaureate Certificate Year Abroad Programs, the MFA Two Year-Degree Programs, the Summer Low-Residency MFA in Studio Art, and the MA in Art History program only.  SACI is only authorized to process Federal Direct Student Loans for the Unsubsidized Stafford and Graduate PLUS Loan Programs. Students must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents and meet all additional eligibility requirements. SACI cannot administer PELL Grants, work-study, or other such forms of federal aid for Post Baccalaureate, MA, or MFA students. A Graduate Guide to Financial Aid and an estimate of Projected Costs of Attendance for SACI Graduate Programs can be found on the Downloads page.

The Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy for students in SACI graduate programs who are receiving federal financial aid can be found in the Policies section.

For more information on Federal Aid through SACI, please contact by email SACI's Financial Aid Coordinator

Semester/Year Abroad, Late Spring term, and Summer term students should consult their home institution’s financial aid office regarding their federal financial aid. Current federal regulations permit applying federal monies to study abroad. Students should also check with their university’s financial aid office about applying private university funds to study abroad. Students who are accepted into SACI and are receiving financial aid from their home school must have their home school financial aid office complete a SACI Promissory Note. The SACI Promissory Note can be found on the Downloads page, and will also be sent to students in their acceptance packets.

For additional information on Federal Financial Aid and to access the U.S. Department of Education’s publication The Student Guide, please visit www.studentaid.ed.gov.