Click here to download the SACI Post-Baccalaureate Certificate Year Abroad Program Brochure.
US and international students who have earned, or will have earned, a bachelor's degree, or its equivalent, prior to beginning graduate study at SACI may apply. Applicants who attend, or attended, a US college or university must have a minimum overall undergraduate GPA of 2.75.
The following is a list of requirements for a complete application:
- The completed online application form and a $70 non-refundable processing fee. Online applicants may pay with Mastercard, Visa, or Discover credit cards. If you prefer to pay by check or money order, you are requested to contact the SACI New York office before submitting your application.
- A one-page essay describing the applicant’s artistic and/or academic goals and influences and his or her reasons for wishing to enhance them by studying abroad at SACI.
- One letter of recommendation (academic preferred). Recommendation letters must be in sealed envelopes. You can download a form for the recommendation letter from the Downloads section of the website.
- Students already enrolled in (or graduated from) post-secondary institutions must send sealed official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended. Applicants who have been out of school for more than three years should submit a resume (it is recommended that all applicants submit a resume).
- Studio arts applicants should submit a portfolio of 15-20 images of your artwork. Portfolios should demonstrate your strongest and most recent work. The SACI New York Admissions Office will provide specific instructions on how to submit these online. Acceptable file formats and sizes for ePortfolios are: Images: JPEG at a resolution of 72 dpi which must be no larger than 600 pixels in the longest direction. Videos: .flv, .wmv,.mov—up to 60 MB each and no longer than five minutes. Text documents: PDF format up to 10 MB each. All submissions must include an inventory list with title, medium, size, date, and description. The images should illustrate proficiency in the area of specialization.
- Art Conservation applicants should include a portfolio of 15 images or examples of original papers demonstrating their scholarship or a combination of both. The SACI New York Admissions Office will provide specific instructions on how to submit these online.